SOLVED

Excel radar chart with variable number of axes

Copper Contributor
I am trying to create a radar chart that displays the results of an environmental assessment.

The crux is that I need a chart that is able to change the selection of axes that are displayed from a menu of axes. This is because there are different dimensions of the environmental assessment, each represented by an axis of the chart, and it is up to the user to select how many, and which, dimensions will be included in the assessment. E.g. one user may choose to use dimensions 1, 2, 3 and 5 and another user 3, 4, 5, 6 and 10. According, I'd like to show the corresponding axes *only*.

Does anyone know if this possible in Excel and how? Many thanks in advance!
4 Replies
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@ChristofWalter You don't show how your data looks like, but if the data is in a structured table, you could use a slicer (multi-select) to set the dimensions of the chart See attached. If this doesn't make sense, please upload a file that resembles your real life data and chart.

@Riny_van_Eekelen, many thanks, that nearly nails it. Promising track!

Now I would like the use to select in a cover sheet of the workbook, which dimensions to include in the assessment. Is there any way in which I can make the slicer settings conditional on cell values (or control boxes) elsewhere?

Thnaks in advance

@ChristofWalter I guess you can do this with VBA. Reading out values of cells and then apply these to the auto filter of the data table or slicer settings. However, that's beyond my comfort zone. Personally, I don't understand why you couldn't use a slicer in the cover sheet, but that may because you still haven't given away any clues on how your data is structured, how your cover sheet looks like and how it is to interact with that data.

Hi @ChristofWalter hope you are doing well. 

I attached sample sheet with simple Radar  chart and multi axes Radar chart. Data refresh in chart automatically as you change you data selection.

No coding required this provide nocode solution.

You can check here for Microsoft Excel & Office 365.

And if you are comfortable with Google Sheets, you can find here.

Thanks

Qaiser_j_0-1632484397843.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@ChristofWalter You don't show how your data looks like, but if the data is in a structured table, you could use a slicer (multi-select) to set the dimensions of the chart See attached. If this doesn't make sense, please upload a file that resembles your real life data and chart.

View solution in original post