Excel lost work

Copper Contributor

Was working in Excel spread sheet, some info was size 11  some size 14,  so i tried to make the whole work same size, by making it all in the same big box, but my info disappeared, 

Column A info then became the same info in every column , how to get, recover work.

1 Reply

@Hose-jet-999 

Please describe exactly what your problem is:

Have the entries/settings in the worksheet disappeared?

Undo, redo, or repeat an action

You can undo, redo, or repeat many actions in Excel.

or is the workbook gone?

Start Excel and click on "File" or on the Office icon in the top left and select "Recently opened". Under Office 2013-2016 you will find the item under "Open".

Then click "Recover Unsaved Workbooks".

Select your file here and click "Open".

Tip: Fish the Excel file from the temporary folder

With a bit of luck, the file is still in the temporary folder:

Go to the following folder path: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\UnsavedFiles

If there is an Excel file here, you can open it with a double-click.

Alternatively, click "File" > "Open" in Excel and click on the "Recover unsaved workbooks" button at the bottom.

Restore workbook settings (for future use):

Click on "File" or the Office icon in the top left and select "Options" or "Excel Options".

Under "Save" the option "Save AutoRecover information" must be activated.

Reduce the saving interval in the "Minutes" field, for example to 5 or 3. This way, changes are automatically saved more often.

A step-by-step description, as well as knowledge of the Excel version, operating system and storage medium would be of great advantage (for you) to get an accurate answer.

It is best to include the file (if possible) or a photo.

Hope I could help you with these information / links.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* As a member of this community I provide help for self-help without guarantee.