SOLVED

Excel Formula Help

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have two tabs. Each tab possible has the same information in a number of rows and columns. I am wanting to check if one row in tab one matches any row in tab two. For example:

Tab One

ProductFileNameUPCProductSupplierPackagingItemPackagingItemSupplierPackagingMaterialMaterialClassificationItemWeight
Red/Black Plums x 6998574The Fresh Produce Centre LimitedStonefruit black pulp tray 6ACullen PackagingOther PaperPaper23
Red/Black Plums x 6998574The Fresh Produce Centre LimitedStonefruit 60x80mm product labelParagonPaper laminate labelsLabels2
Red/Black Plums x 6998574The Fresh Produce Centre LimitedPlain Flow wrapParagonPolyesterFlexible Films2
Red/Black Plums x 6998574Greenyard Fresh UK Ltd460 P160 FilmESP PackagingPolypropylenePlastic0

Tab Two

Product CodeNameSupplier NamePackaging LevelBase MaterialExtended MaterialPackaging TypeTotal Packaging Weight (g)
998574Red/Black Plums X 6Greenyard Fresh Uk LtdPrimaryPaperPaperTray17.18
998574Red/Black Plums X 6Greenyard Fresh Uk LtdPrimaryPlasticPlasticBag3.08
998574Red/Black Plums X 6Worldwide Fruit LimitedPrimaryPaperPaperTray17.18
998574Red/Black Plums X 6Worldwide Fruit LimitedPrimaryPlasticPlasticBag3.08
998574Red/Black Plums X 6Total BerryPrimaryPaperPaperTray17.18
998574Red/Black Plums X 6Total BerryPrimaryPlasticPlasticBag3.08

Ideally, I would need a formula that will return the last value of tab two, column Total Packaging Weight (g). Sol long as a number of conditions are met, these are that the UPC, Name, Product Supplier etc match in both tabs. 

3 Replies
best response confirmed by michaelhilland (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@michaelhilland You indicate that you are on Office365, so you might have access to the new FILTER function. I copied your tables and pasted them in a new sheet (all in one tab) with some color coding to visualise the relationships between the two tables. Please see attached. The results are in column I.

@Riny_van_Eekelen Thats amazing, thank you. It worked perfectly. I have never heard of the filter function! 

Have a great day and keep safe :)

@michaelhilland You're welcome!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by michaelhilland (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@michaelhilland You indicate that you are on Office365, so you might have access to the new FILTER function. I copied your tables and pasted them in a new sheet (all in one tab) with some color coding to visualise the relationships between the two tables. Please see attached. The results are in column I.

View solution in original post