Excel For Android and Hyperlinks

Copper Contributor

I have a Network Drive where I store useful files. In that folder I have an Excel File that Hyperlinks to all the files I put in the folder. I have a shortcut to the excel file on all the PC's I use and it all works fine, all the hyperlinks open all the documents fine. But, we also have some Android Tablets that get used and it would be really useful to be able to access the files on the tablets also. Using the Excel app on the tablet Hyperlinks that reference cells within the worksheet work fine, but I get an error message when I try to open the hyperlinks that reference files stored on the shared drive. All devices are on the same network and I am able to access the shared drive using CX File Explorer App. Why can't the Excel App access those files or how do I give it permission?

1 Reply
Please try to insert two hyperlinks to one of those files (in an empty workbook). Insert the first one from a Windows machine, save the file and close it, and then insert the second one from an Android tablet, save and close and upload the file with the two links here.