Excel application error - Event ID 1000

Copper Contributor

One of our user facing a weird issue. His team has a shared excel file which is stored in server and they are accessing it using network drive. When this user open that excel file it processing that excel when it comes to 100% it shows "Calculating Processor(s) (4).. When this reach 100% excel crashes and it repairs that excel file automatically.

But other users are able to access that excel file without any issue. Only this user has this issue. 

I tried these below troubleshooting:

repaired office

reinstalled office

reinstalled operating system

Myself able to access the excel with in this user machine. This user is not able to excel this file in any of the machine.

Faulting application name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 16.0.9126.2275, time stamp: 0x5b6371ce
Faulting module name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 16.0.9126.2275, time stamp: 0x5b6371ce
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00086967
Faulting process id: 0x1e98
Faulting application start time: 0x01d441130b7df889
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE
Report Id: f9f48761-1389-4e91-b44f-23489885892c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

3 Replies
This may sound harsh, but using the shared workbook feature is not recommended, it is buggy at best. That being said, I strongly suspect a problem with the user prophile on that machine.

I would suggest to delete the user profile and have the user log on anew. Of course all data backup precautions must be made, I leave that up to you and the user!

I tried that option but no luck. Only this user has that issue. 

Other users able to access the excel file without any issue. And they were able to access the same excel file in this user machine. But if this user open that excel file it crashes. 

Is this user using the exact same version of Excel?