Data analysis help

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have a 2012 MacBook pro computer for my class I need to use data analysis. I went to my excel went under tools clicked add-ins. But it supposed to have an Analysis tool pak to click and push enter. Mine has nothing there at all. 

I even used this websites excel that provides it to see if this one works. I went on excel clicked File and under the line, it should say options so that I can then put addins etc. But this excel doesn't have the "options" available. What am i missing, what can I do?

I need this to be able to take my exam in a few days. All my friends have the data anlyisis. I looked everywhere online to help me yet none worked. Can anyone please get back to me ASAP 

Thank you. 

5 Replies

@Wyn Hopkins  I went on the link and followed option two and downloaded it. But it is a whole other sheet. And I couldn't find data analysis on there to get regression etc. 

Then I went back to my excel and It still didn't have the option of data analysis on there either. Did I miss a step? 

@Wyn Hopkins  Hi! also how come on this website office 365 their excel doesn't have data analysis either?

So what version of Excel do you have?
Excel for web does not have the same functionality as Excel desktop. It is catching up but isn't there yet