Cutting Optimizer Add-in

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

I am having a slight problem with the Cutting Optimizer Add-in from Optimalon Software.

I use this add-in to optimize cutting layouts for tube in our shop to minimize scrap.

I made a template to make it easier to enter the data in an organized way every time.

This add-in takes a set of cut lengths, # of parts required of each length and the raw material length and generates an optimized Cut list on a separate sheet called '1D matrix'. However, I do not like the way that the optimizer sets up the sheet so I added another sheet to the workbook called 'Cut List' and made the Layout the way I wanted it. Then I referenced the cells from the '1D matrix' sheet into my 'Cut List' sheet using the ='1D matrix'!'TheCellThatIWantToReferance'  function.

This worked fine, for the first time only...  :(

Then i deleted the '1D matrix' sheet and only kept the 'Cut List' and the actual template sheet where I enter the cut lengths, quantities, and the raw material length and saved it for future use.

Now, when the optimizer automatically adds the page the next time when i click run, Excel wont pick it up again!!

The cells all show the #REF! error!

Is there any way i can get excel to pick it up again after it has been deleted once?

I tried just clearing the 1D matrix sheet and saving it the the template. Then when i open up the excel sheet again the cells are still all referenced. Then when I run the optimizer, it rewrites this sheet but the cells on the 'Cut List' still show the #REF! error after it rewrites this page.

You can try this out without the software by simply deleting the blank 1D matrix sheet and adding an identical one again, the cells will all get that error!

Please help me find a way to do this!

I have attached the file.

I also attached a picture of how the 1D Matrix sheet looks after running this sample list:

24 pieces 36"

52 pieces 24"

35 pieces 12"

Raw Material Length: 288"

-Thank you so much!!!

1 Reply
I suggest you to contact Optimalon.