Convert a chart to tabell

Copper Contributor

Skjermbilde 2023-02-09 205716.png

Hello! Me and my study partner are doing a bachelor thesis about micropower plant. We got this chart from our supervisor and we need to convert this chart to a tabell and get the values. Does anyone know how to do this or is it even possible? 

Thank you for taking your time to answer 

With best regard 

Alexander 

2 Replies

Since nothing is known exactly as far as the digital environment is concerned (Excel version, operating system, storage medium, etc.) and it is also not described what exactly the diagram is about (is it an image?, a photo?, finished diagram?), send I would like to share these possible useful solutions with you.

the easiest way... -

Click on the diagram and copy to Edit/Graphics while holding down the Shift key.

Click on the data series, click in the formula bar and press F9.

or a possible solution proposal with VBA

Macro to extract data from a chart in Excel

Links:

DigitizeIt

Digitizer software - digitize a scanned graph or chart into (x,y)-data.

easy to actually get back numbers from a plot

Engauge Digitizer

Extracts data points from images of graphs

The Engauge Digitizer tool accepts image files (like PNG, JPEG and TIFF) containing graphs, and recovers the data points from those graphs.

Hope I was able to help you with this info.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@Alexander_Weng

Hello @NikolinoDE ! thanks for your response but i still have problem withh extracting the values out of the chart. This chart is a ready made chart we got from our supervisor, and we need to extract the values from this chart to a tabell too calculate the flow from a river. I took a screenshot of a tabell we did earlyer in the year so you maybe could understand more what we need to do.

This excel version is 2301. 

With the best regard 

Alexander  Skjermbilde 2023-02-09 205716.pngSkjermbilde 2023-02-10 111931.png