Autofill from dif. Sheet (According to the name)??

Copper Contributor
Hello guys!

I'm trying to "automate" a little bit of this file for my schedules. and I have 2 dif. sheets in the same file.

One with the "graphical" user interface hehehe

Second with all times for everyone for the entire week (maybe database hehehe)

here it the video: https://youtu.be/pmtcPcVT0kw

My question and where I'm breaking my dumb head (noob with excel) is:

\- I want, as soon I select the name and add the times (see the beginning of the video) on the sheet FloorLeader, it will fill up automatically in the SA sheet (second part of the video.)

How can I make this possible? (the formula, if it is a formula for this job hahaha)

I don't know if I was clear enough on the text hehehe, let me know If I was not clear.

Thanks Guys!!! Have a great day ;)
4 Replies

@LeLoT3 

In both sheets Create a drop-down list (microsoft.com) is used to fill data, perhaps How to make Excel Data Validation Dependent Lists (contextures.com) is used to link them. It's very poor quality of the video and not a lot of details what is in background.

If the question is what exactly is on video that's better to ping an author in comments. If you have similar task it's better to illustrate it with sample file indicating desired results.

Yeah the video came up in a bad quality! (I'll try a better one and with sound to explain heheh)
The drop-down is done ;) using Data Validation. but your second link is giving more options I'll take a look on that Thanks!

Thank you for your help! :D

@LeLoT3 , you are welcome.

google "excel dependent drop-down list", you'll find a lot of samples, perhaps more close to your concrete case. I gave the link on first what appeared.

here... I got a better video (still no sound, but I think I was able to explain a little bit better:

Hello guys!

I tried to search around but maybe I can't be precise on what I want, so I created this video as a visual guide for my question hehehe

VIDEO:
youtu.be/0JcFLDPLMlM

Let's start:

I want the Sheet "SA" to have "START" and "END" cells filled with the content of Sheet "Mon-FloorLeader" from Cells: "IN" and "OUT"

only a simple copy I know it's not difficult.... but here it is the catch.
I want to make that copy to be conditional. For example:

If in "Mon-FloorLeader" in the Collum "Associate" the name (in this case NEW HIRE) match with Sheet "SA" Name in Collum "NAME" it will copy IN and OUT from FloorLeader Sheet to START and END in SA Sheet!

And I'll do it for all days of the week in the "SA" sheet matching with "Floorleader" sheet on the days of the week.

I think this explanation with the video help you guys to help me hahahahah!!