Assigning numerical value to different words to be used in a formula

Copper Contributor

Hi, everyone!

I have a table that I'm trying to make where I assign numerical values to a few different items - I'd like to make it easy for someone working with me to assign photo sessions so that it's fair for all the photographers, without them burning half they grey matter every time they have to try and balance it.

The idea is that "Sold" or "Not Sold" would be equal to 1 or 0 (self-explanatory), where the clients are staying is either 2 or 3 value-wise, and how many people are in the group is either 1, 2, 3, or 4, based on how much they would spend on average - Individual, Couple, Family, Group, respectively. I started it, but I'm really confused... I tried to use a combination of COUNTIF and VLOOKUP, but I wasn't able to get the correct result. Basically, I would need the "Value" to be equal to "Sold/Not Sold"*"Place"*"People", where all of those have the assigned value.

I would appreciate it if you had any pointers... Thank you, even for just reading this.

1 Reply

@AndreiMihalache Perhaps like in the attached file? I've added some named ranges to keep the formula easier to read and maintain.