[52 week high] formula not working

Copper Contributor

I have a spreadsheet where I track my portfolio data. I have attached a sample. It appears that the "[52 week high]" formula is not working properly. It shows up as the same price as the current "Price" for most securities. While this is in theory possible, the "Price" is below the "[Previous close]", so therefore it appears incorrect. Is this a known issue? How can it be resolved? 

5 Replies

Hello @mkeller85,

The formula used in this spreadsheet is not a main function of Microsoft Excel. It appears to be either from an add-on or UDF (user-defined function). The issue might not be the formula but rather the source of the data that the formula is referencing.

@PReagan Are you sure? Thanks for the response. I did not install any add-ons, my understanding was that this is part of the added functionality that comes with Office 365 and the ability to import stock data. It should be linked to Refinitiv as the data provider. 

@mkeller85,

My apologies, you are correct. I am not an Office 365 subscriber and was not aware of this feature. I will have to defer any possible solutions to the rest of the community.

@PReagan Seems like nobody else knows either. Thought I'd get a response from a Microsoft rep in this forum. 

@mkeller85 

That is odd. 

I'd suggest clicking on the Flag to report bad data

Wyn

image.png