Home

New UI changes rolling out in Planner

Highlighted
Santhosh Balakrishnan
Super Contributor

New UI changes rolling out in Planner

Hi All,

Today Microsoft has started rolling out its refreshed UI in Planner which makes the use of Planner awesome! Below are the screenshots which explains the changes. Actions from Plans card viewActions from Plans card viewPlanner hubPlanner hubNew plan creationNew plan creationAttachmentsAttachmentsPlanner5.png

42 Replies

Re: New UI changes rolling out in Planner

Awesome and great additions!!

Will the new UI support viewing plans that are created in Teams that aren't the primary plan for an Office 365 group?  Right now being able to change Plan wide settings such as notifications isn't possible with plans created from Teams, and was hoping the new UI might help brings those options around instead of just being able to view "My Tasks" from those Planners in the UI

Hi, both the two features you have mentioned are not available yet. This UI improvements is for better performance of planner for users with more number of tasks. 

It could just be my, but I think the new UI changes to Planner have messed up my ability to log in to the Planner Manager tool.  

Not even Problem with login. The biggest Problem since UI chance we lost the most description text in Planner Tasks. All empty. So Microsoft killed our Planner tasks.

Ticket open with MS Support but no solution yet.

Could anybody check if the same problem exists?

I'm seeing the changes now and no problems at all, I'm also seeing a new LogIn experience

Some planner task descriptions come back if we select (checkbox) display description in card. The biggest problem is, that we don't know one which tasks the description is lost and which task don't had a description. 

If anybody wanna see the problem i have made a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNiN4gfPO-E

Microsoft Planner is since update broken

Hi @Robert Ryan, We are working for this change in Planner Manager tool and you can expect the next version very soon. 

Thank you Santhosh - your Planner Outlook add-in and Planner Manager desktop app are really useful; a shame this Microsoft update broke the login on the current version.

Same problem for us, opened a ticket with MSFT as well.

This is really bad...

Not sure if this is related or not, but now when managing a task from a planner created in Teams (so not a full task) I am unable to add an assignment as it just sits and spins as the following photo shows:

Planner-SpinningTaskAssignment.png

Even if I try to put the person's full email address or even full name it won't allow me to put in an assignment.  Also because these plans are not "FULL" plans, I have no way of seeing unassigned tasks to drag and drop assignments in the full UI.

One workaround till Microsoft fix this UI issue is to open the same plan in Teams and just everything works fine. Task description appears when Planner is opened from teamsTask description appears when Planner is opened from teams

Hi, I am unable to see this issue in Teams. I have tried with Old plan as well as new plan created from Teams. Both just works fine. May be you have to open ticket with Microsoft to get this resolved.

A New UI has improved the performance of Planner. I am so happy to see the Notifications control. Notification system in previuos UI was very irritating. 

RE: New UI changes rolling out in Planner

Irritating change: When I now add a comment in a task, it does not keep my linebreaks/structure! Was able to make a list in the comments field previously, now it is gone! Give me back my linebreaks!

I love the new changes to the planner but two major changes that have gone backwards from the way I ran my planner is being able to see tasks by due date as seen in my picture. This is critical as we have switched over to every task is in our planner and its critical I can few the teams late items.

Additional item that would appear to be a chart glitch is even after I updated items from late to no longer late the chart still showed lates in it by each member. 

Looks like I'm able to add people again, so must not have been totally related, or fixed under the rug.

I'm having a lot of issues with the new design. Every 10 minutes or so, I get a "Your session has expired, please sign in again" message, and I have to refresh the page. Worse, the web app sometimes crashes completely and says that "the plan you're looking for is not here." In that case, refreshing doesn't help at all.

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 17.10.20.png

I have this specific issue with Chrome on macOS, but the "Your session has expired" notifications also appear on Safari and Firefox.

Planner used to work great before the update, am I the only one to have these issues?

Nope.

We have the same Problem whit sessions. Also for example the sho decription on card button gets lost on some plans.

We open a ticket since Friday. No solution yet from MS (really MS tomorrow ONE WEEK without our data in description)!

So it is not possible to make a backup from Planner and Microsoft kills our data (Description field).

Thank you MS!

Is this the new Cloud based world?

I am really sad....

Are you on macOS too? My colleagues use Windows and they don't have all the issues I mentioned, Planner works fine for them 🤔

Windows. Probs with Chrome, Firefox, Edge.
You can see it on the youtube video a few articles earlier.

I have same expired message - Windows 10/Firefox - very irritating :(

The new UI has made Planner unusable with Safari on macOS or iOS.

I can no longer scroll vertically through the cards in any bucket.  I'm left being able to view the top few cards in any given bucket and that's it.

Problem doesn't seem to exist with Chrome on the Mac.

In my own experience, Planner never worked well with Safari, that's why I used to open it in Chrome. It was fine, until last week's update made it really buggy on any browser on my Mac...

Same problem here with "Your session has expired, please sign in again" message.

Hi Klaus,

I confirm, we have the same issue on our side.

I encountered a new issue yesterday: I can no longer assign cards to anyone, I now get a weird message telling me that "your item or storage limit has been exceeded."

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 16.15.20.png

I'm seeing this on Sarafi, Chrome and Firefox on my Mac, and refreshing the page doesn't help. None of my colleagues have been affected by this so far.

Am I the only one to see this?

Is this may be due to this limitation? https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Planner/Planner-Limitations/m-p/61650#M705

But recently noticed that MSFT has increated these limits to 300 assigned tasks per user and 2500 created tasks for an user. Not sure if you have reached those limits. You can try deleting come of the completed tasks assigned to you. 

No, that's not the problem.
I think the GUI change has erased the description field. Microsoft has no backup and so they can't get the data back for us. The error that kills the description field still exists. If you fill the description close the task and select the show on card checkbox on and off the data loss happen again...

Some specifics we've noticed: This scrolling issue is on the O365 Web Application when using a Safari or Chrome browser on an IOS system. This is an issue on the board when a bucket has more than enough tasks to cause scrolling. We don't have an issue when using the "chart" panel/page/view. We don't have this issue on any Windows 10 browsers (Edge/FF/IE/Chrome) at the moment.

This issue has been resolved

Mat K. - Which issue were you replying to? My IOS/IPad Safari scrolling issue on the Buckets view is not resolved just yet on my org.

Nothing resolved. We don't get our data back, since last update in all browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome) we get session time out's and counters for tasks etc are missing!

Microsoft should change the programming team very quick. This people can't mange quality!

It's a shame....

Is there an ETA when the regression of the scrolling bars will be fixed?

It's nearly impossible to use my boards appropriately atm without them.

I am experiencing the "your session has expired" every few minutes on windows 10 on chrome.

I just started using office365 a month ago with very high expectations, based on the functionality promised by the MS products. HUGELY disappointed with everything Microsoft based on this month's experience. It feels like MS is doing everything possible to confuse the hell out me as a user, from duplicate product names to quirky sign-in requirements, to buggy products that simply don't do what they claim to do!

Have you tried this from Edge? I am using it without any issues. If the issue still persists you need to raise the Support ticket.

Santhosh Balakrishnan wrote:
Have you tried this from Edge? I am using it without any issues. If the issue still persists you need to raise the Support ticket.

If your answer to this issue is "use edge" that's a terrible response.  Edge is available in Windows 10 only, an a "web enabled app" should not be tied to a single browse

Hi,

today we have also colleagues with Planner timeout errors.

They use Win 7 and IE11 or Firefox.

Is there a workaround or a solution to solve this issue?

Yes, but difficult to believe: Use Win 10 with Edge! I asked the Microsoft support "are you kidding me?" Sad but true....

Klaus Schmid wrote:
Yes, but difficult to believe: Use Win 10 with Edge! I asked the Microsoft support "are you kidding me?" Sad but true....

I work for what I believe is one of MS largest corporate customers (over 100,00 O365 licenses) many of us are still, on Windows 7 - If the Microsoft support person who gave you this response wants to contact me to discuss and assist, I am more than happy to do so - But if that is MS's "official" response, this needs escalating quickly

RE: New UI changes rolling out in Planner

I thought I was striking the same "cant scroll vertically" issue as others, but for Chrome on W10. Eventually by luck I moved my mouse slowly across the right spot on the page and the vertical scroll bar appeared! Its hidden unless you hover over it, just to the right of each vertical column of tasks.
Related Conversations
FindTime becomes Find a time in Office 365
Darrell Webster  in  Change Alerts  on
74 Replies
Planner feature progress?
Rob O'Keefe  in  Planner  on
29 Replies
Planner Stored
Colton Lacy  in  Planner  on
3 Replies
Cannot use planner in Teams app
Menno Bruggeling  in  Microsoft Teams  on