Missing app launcher tiles but only in OotW

Brass Contributor

As of this morning, we are missing most of our app launcher tiles on Outlook on the Web.  Our theme is gone too.  It's not a license issue as far as I can tell.  The SharePoint app launcher and theme are not affected.  Basically, if you go to SharePoint or OneDrive or Yammer or anything that's not OotW, everything is fine.   I have already open a case with MS support.  Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this.

OotW-issue.png

35 Replies

One of my customers was experiencing this too, they opened a support ticket and basically they said that they are already aware of the issue....I checked the message center of the customer and I only saw a EXO issue that seems not to be related to this problem. Additionally, it also seems the problem is not happenig to all the users under the same tenant

Great.  I'm glad to know I didn't break anything while I was sleeping last night--at least not the OotW app launcher tiles.

We are seeing the same behavior, the app launcher is fine in all other areas but once you open Mail all you get is Mail, Persons, Calendar and Tasks

What gives, have to go to a sharepoint library to navigate around.....UGH

@Anne Michels FYI...something with the App Launcher is wrong and I'm not seeing a specific issue in the Health Dashboard about this issue

yepp. our tenant as well. since at least this morning CET and still now.

It's listed as EX94874.

EX94874.png

Yeap, thanks I have just seen it

Thanks, Alan. Was just about to send the same answer :-).

Hello if u are admin like me try to use "Office 365 Admin" app in store --> it works. I hope they will fix this asap.

Hi all, I have a basic question about this issue. (I am the CIO, not an O365 admin.) Since our users can no longer see OneDrive from the apps drawer, how can they access their OneDrive files? Is there a customized shortcut that works? Delve would be good too, I would like to publish some workarounds while MS fixes this issue.

I have found that you may have outlook set as your home page, when you open o365. an easy Fix is to have someone copy and past the home page for o365 address to your internet browser so that you can get in to your settings profile and make changed.
My account > settings > start page--- then save after that log out and try once more.

That is just a workaround, sure you can reset your home page but as soon as you Open the Mail/Outlook tile via the app launcher there is no way to use the app launcher again....It is very problematic, and I can't believe this isn't fixed yet.

@Robert Brooks wrote:
I have found that you may have outlook set as your home page, when you open o365. an easy Fix is to have someone copy and past the home page for o365 address to your internet browser so that you can get in to your settings profile and make changed.
My account > settings > start page--- then save after that log out and try once more.

Hi Robert, what is that URL for the "O365 home page"? Mine automatically goes to Outlook as the homepage (outlook.office.com/owa/...), even when I use a different browser with no cache.

For those affected- has your skype chat/IM failed to launch as well?

After you sign into Office 365 (ie you are at the OWA page with the broken waffle), you can go to this URL to access all of your apps:

https://www.office.com/1?home=1

All we see is Outlook , Calendar, People, and Tasks on my campus.

Yes it appears the Skype for Business chat integration is broken as well-- if you click the person's photo in the top-right and click Sign Into IM, ours just hangs forever on "Signing in to IM..."

Hi All. I wanted to update this thread to let you know that we identified a configuration issue that previously delayed our fix and are continuing to deploy on the last remaining affected systems. Very few users should still be seeing this problem.

There were two great workarounds offered by @Robert Brooks and @Bryce Sapp earlier today:

1. Navigate to https://www.office.com/1?home=1 to access your Office 365 Home Page

2. Temporarily change your default start page by navigating to My account > settings > start page

I believethat if you're worried about your users who may have also changed their default start page also getting stuck, you could probably use a group policy through AAD to set this for all users. I'm waiting on confirmation of this for you all now from our engineering team.

Thanks Tom for the update and for the suggested workaround.