Windows 11 on Intel Evo Laptop - Battery Draining Quickly and Potential Workarounds Needed

Copper Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I recently upgraded my Intel Evo laptop to Windows 11, and I'm facing an issue with rapid battery drain. Even with minimal usage and power-saving settings enabled, my laptop's battery seems to be draining much faster compared to when I was using Windows 10. I have checked for updates and installed the latest drivers, but the problem persists.

I have tried adjusting power settings, disabling unnecessary background processes, and reducing screen brightness, but the battery life is still not up to par. I primarily use my laptop for work and need it to last throughout the day without needing frequent charging.

Has anyone else experienced similar battery drain issues with Windows 11  on an Intel Evo laptop? If so, I would appreciate any suggestions or potential workarounds to improve the battery life. I rely on my laptop for productivity and portability, and this issue is affecting my workflow.

Thank you in advance for any advice or help:)

2 Replies

@elivejoseph 

Here are some potential workarounds that you can try:

1. Enable battery saver mode in Windows 11 settings.
  2. Reduce the time when a display should turn off automatically.
  3. Reinstall Battery Drivers: Press Windows key + X, Go to Device Manager, Expand the Batteries, Right-click then uninstall all drivers there, Restart the PC and check it again2.
  4. Do a clean boot: A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.
  5. Restore default power options: Press Windows key + R then type: powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, Restart PC and check2.
  6. Run power Troubleshooter: Press Windows key + R then type: msdt.exe /id PowerDiagnostic, Click OK then follow the prompt to run the power troubleshooter, Restart the device after.

I hope these suggestions help you improve your laptop’s battery life!

A mi me pasa lo mismo... 4 celdas y la duración es pésima realmente... buena potencia pero la batería con suerte dura 2 a 3 horas...