Windows 11 microphone or speaker making weird random noise

Copper Contributor

Hello 

After upgrading from Windows 10 to windows 11, I have issues with either my speakers and microphone. It makes some weird random noise . Kindly help me out.

Regards

Sam

10 Replies

Hi @agyem1950 ,

Would you be able to share the brand and model of your computer? Thanks.

@Adin_Calkic 

my laptop is hp envy x360 15m ee0023dx

Hi @agyem1950 ,

I just checked official HP website and it seems like your laptop does not have support for Windows 11 oficially, but I would try re-installing your Audio drivers. Please download the drivers and re-install, after reinstall - reboot your computer and check. https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111501-112000/sp111717.exe 

if you keep having the issue, you might want to go back to Windows 10.

When I checked OS support for the drivers for your laptop, this is what HP listed (no sing on Windows 11):

Adin_Calkic_0-1651452216482.png

Try with the driver, and let me know. Good luck.

ok .Thank you very much. I tried running the drivers but I received the message "drivers is not supported on this version of OS"
Aside that minor issue , every thing works perfectly for me on my PC running windows 11, speakers work alright but there are random noises either the microphone or the speakers when they are not in use. That is my only problem.
I run hardware troubleshoot and every hardware component seems to be fine but that problem persist

Hi @agyem1950 ,

that is what I was afraid of. HP didn't make/adjust drivers for Windows 11 for your laptop :( Hopefully they will fix it, but if you are not happy how it is now - you should be able to go back to Win 10 still.

Good luck!

@Adin_Calkic 

okay. Thank you for your assistance. 

I would have loved to roll back but the option is no longer available to me even though I upgraded to windows 11 four days ago. The windows.old folder is still available in Drive C.
I am afraid I may lose my HP preinstalled softwares when I use other available option(media creation tool) to download windows 10 again.

Hi @agyem1950 ,

I'm assuming that Go Back option is grayed out in your case and only option would be reinstall Win 10.

Please backup all user data before you proceed, regardless of what you do!

Okay, Thank you for helping me
PROBLEM SOLVED

The issue is resolved by reloading the old Realtek High definition Audio Drivers in Device manager

click on Device manager

click on Sound ,video and Game controllers

locate Realtek Audio

Right click on Realtek Audio and click Update Drivers

browse my computer for drivers

let me pick from a list of available drivers on my Pc

locate the old version of the realtek Audio Drivers and click next

restart the PC

problem should be solved

regards

Sam