Windows 11 can't enter into BIOS

Copper Contributor

I can't get into BIOS on Windows 11. Setup Menu is never shown. I tried few steps but still can't get into BIOS. MSI Z690 is the MB.

12 Replies
Click restart while holding the shift key down untul you see a menu, Select troubleshoot and advanced optionsSelect UEFI firmware setting in the next menu and then restart. When it restarts it will take you to the bios.

@Harm_Veenstra 

I have several PC's with windows 11 installed on them . This particular PC was able to get into BIOS in the past . I know about holding down shift and selecting restart .

IT DOES NOT WORK !!!!

This is the most unbelievable problem I have seen with this miserable software yet !

How and the hell are we supposed to operate with garbage like this ? I can't even get into my cooling fan profile . How am I supposed to get in when this software blocks access to the most basic part of the PC ?

I mean how am I supposed to get rid of this software if I want to ? I CANT INTO BIOS I CANT CHANGE BOOT ORDER ? To get rid of this software I have to take apart the PC and remove the SSD ?

What will be the goal of windows 12 ? ..........SPARKS AND EXPLOSIONS ?

Thats one way to sell computer merchandise although I doubt the fire marshal would like it ?

I understand your frustration, but is it a Windows 11 problem? Does sound like an MSI thing?
NO METHOD WORKS . I have several PC's running windows 11 . They all have one problem or another . TWO OF THEM HAVE IDENTICAL HARDWARE .
I can get into BIOS on one of them , not this one .
Its not a hardware problem or I would see it twice .
ASUS PRIME Z690 A . I9-12900KF . 64gb DDR5 RAM . Quadro p5000 graphics .
I have tried using powershell , I have tried shutdown /r /o /f /t 00 .
Nothing works . After a long time the machine boots back up in windows
THIS IS A GARBAGE SOFTWARE PROBLEM , NOT A HARDWARE PROBLEM .
I have been using windows since version 3.1 over 30 years ago .
Nothing compares to just how fu>king bad this software is !
Can't say that I experience those problems on my Lenovo or Surface machines. Don't know what the combination is that is causing this problem with yours...

@AKSLdUK 

If you're having trouble accessing the BIOS on your MSI Z690 motherboard with Windows 11, here are a few steps you can try to get into the BIOS setup:

1. Use the Advanced Startup Option:
  2. Open the Settings app in Windows 11.
  3. Go to System > Recovery.
  4. Under the Advanced startup section, click Restart now.

Once your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, go to Troubleshoot > Advanced options > UEFI Firmware Settings, and then click Restart. This should take you directly into the BIOS.

@oiuweqdoiup hello friend I have found the solution to this particular problem you just need a led tv with an HDMI. Don't use a monitor and you might be able to see the motherboard manufacturers startup logo I was frustrated with this problem for 4 days and I searched everywhere and this was the solution.After that just turn off secure boot and csm support. Hope this helps someone in need

hello friend I have found the solution to this particular problem you just need a led tv with an HDMI. Don't use a monitor and you might be able to see the motherboard manufacturers startup logo I was frustrated with this problem for 4 days and I searched everywhere and this was the solution.After that just turn off secure boot and csm support. Hope this helps someone in need

@Harm_Veenstra 

I am having the exact same problem and my motherboard is Gigabyte Z370. Using any of the get into BIOS methods result in the same behaviors, Black screen that I have never waited more than 20 minutes before forcing a shutdown or just going straight into the windows sign in screen. I need to get into the BIOS to shut off the internal graphics. It is trying to run with my Nvidia 2060 Super graphics card and causeing strange results like creating a 4th screen that's deminished in size. I am running a 3 monitor setup. And my Device Manager says the inboard graphics is present. And Under monitors there is a 4th one that says it's generic. All 4 of these monitors show up in Display Settings.

@SexT5Vette hey brother I had exact issue and the simple solution is to use and led tv with HDMI don't use a monitor but a tv with normal aspect ratio or refresh rate and then check if the  flash screen to enter bios appear and change quick boot in bios that's it.

@11gppaliwal 

The only TV I have that I could use as a temporary monitor is an LCD not LED.

@SexT5Vette anything thing other than a pc monitor works I think give it a try :) and hope for best :folded_hands: