I recently upgraded my quad monitor workstation with four HP U28 4K HDR Monitors. They're lovely but there are some odd behaviors I'd really like some advice about. Most importantly, the monitors do not go into power-save mode when Windows puts the monitors to sleep. The status light (lower right corner) remains white (not orange) and the monitor backlights remain on although the screens are completely blank. The previous monitors all switched properly.
The second problem is that when the monitors wake up from what Windows thinks is sleep state, all of the desktop content has been moved to the primary monitor. It's as if the computer thinks the monitors were actually turned off (no power) and then back on. This didn't happen with the previous monitors.
System configuration is:
- Windows 11 Enterprise Version 10.0.22000.348 (clean install, not upgrade)
- Updates current as of 12/13/2021
- 2xNVIDIA RTX 2080 Super video cards
- 4xHP U28 4K HDR Monitors
- 2 monitors connected via DisplayPort to the primary outputs of the video cards
- 2 monitors connected via DisplayPort to the secondary outputs of the video cards
- Windows Power Plan settings:
- Turn off the display: 10 minutes
- Put the computer to sleep: Never
- This is a workstation computer that is on a UPS and is always on although the screens are supposed to sleep if there is no user input for 10 minutes (WOL and PCI, etc. are all off).
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.