The system is ready to Win 11 or not?

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I own a DELL workstation PrecisionTower 3620, Intel Xeon- E-1245, 32 GB ram, WX5100 video card.
This workstation is registered to the microsoft insider program.
Until now I was not able to install Win 11 from the insider program, always it return an error about some incompatibility.
I downloaded  the beta version of Win 11 and I clean installed that in a new fotmatted system disk.
Why the clean installation it work and the insider upgrade not?
Is the machine compatible or not??

2 Replies

@daniele1357 Please make sure that your system meets the minimum requirement or you have enabled the required feature.

• TPM (Trusted Platform Module) version 2.0, you need to enable it from the BIOS.
  • UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) with Secure Boot.

Once you have done all the prerequisites, you can download and run the PC Health Check tool to check your system compatibility with Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11#pchealthcheck

The PC health Check told me about some, not declared, incompatibility, but I was able to install Win 11 as clean installation, it work very well in this machine.
What don't work is the windows insider Win 11 upgrade, just to maintain the installed software.
It look like the installed Windows 10 has something wrong, not the bios.
How or where to look for the error? The given error codes are too generic.
I just tried to uninstall the video card, but was usefulness, the error is in another place.