Stop Windows Update from automatically downloading & overriding my most recent dispaly Driver!!!!

Copper Contributor

This is my Laptop and I want to have and go download and install the most recent Intel Display Driver form the Intel website and then your Windows 11 Update comes and download and installing and overriding my most recent display driver to one that is age old and probably discontinued. Why would such a sofisticated system go and outdate all your drivers? Does is make sence to you? Do you like old drivers or don't you tell everybody to update your Windows to the latest update? This never happened in Windows 11, so who is the person that programmed that code into the Operating System.

Please, please, please urgent make it STOP as every time I reinstall the most recent Display Driver, then boops - blank goes the sreen and then OUTDATES the driver all over again and then it forces me to Restart and then reinstall the most recent Driver again and half way watching my videos, VLC just goes into a spasmattic state of a small blank window with the sound still going!! And even when I go to Device Manager and go to the Display Driver and Roll Back the Driver, I am sure it is not installing the full version back as to what it was and then who wrote those questions as to why you would like to roll back the driver as he completely forgot to add programming code behind the questions as it really should not be regarded as some survey that I am sure does not even go to some Microsft Server and has a permanent person attending or read all the reasons. If, I clearly clicked the option that it does not work with my programs, then that must be a sign to the Driver to never reinstall that driver!! Doesn't that make completely common sense?

So seriously and urgently stop updating Windows Drivers at all as when you manually install a driver and it says for all the wrong reasons that, that is apparently the best driver installed, and you dissagree and you click on the Check Windows Update, and then, Windows Update never ever, ever, ever has a latest driver in the Store. Either get a Server going that the Feature that is there to work to have the complete set of Drivers from the whole planet and make it work to update it to the latest Driver as, take my word, the Driver installed is really not the latest driver. I have to search on all sorts of websites to go and install and update all my driver, or else then remove the option to divert you to Windows Update that has no updates for you!

3 Replies
In this case, I advise you to open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.

Thank you. Well, I completely forgot to mention, I have reported it initially in Feedback between 5 to 6 times and I am not sure Microsoft gets to the million problems reported. It is called Feedback but Microsoft is so quiet - they don't give you feedback so you never know, if your feedback contributed or that the problem will ever get solved. Just the word Solved would be nice. I have learnt with MS OneDiver, that the people might not be so that intellegent as I have explained the simple problem that seems that I am the only one in the world experiencing it, in thousands of words and then every time they ask more detail, I explain over and over and even after uploading videos, the problem was never solved and they became quite. So I moved on to another product that gave me more space anyway. 

But now, what if they don't understand me which is from a foreign contry and have another mother language - the probelm will also never be solved. And the problem should not be that hard to be fixed.  I just think, they shouldn't have brought out Windows 11 as it is currently a mess and a back step to Windows 10 that they worked so hard to get stable. It is so bad, I cannot get any of my work done as I need to report and search for hours on the net to get some solution to the problem and most of the time, there isn't any.  People had to search the net to fix it themselfs and that Microsoft site which get published worldwide is always, the first person complaining years back with or Windows 7 or Windows 10 exactly the same problem I now have with Windows 11 and then somebody from Microsoft answers ONCE requesting the person to SFC and Dism.exe and then you NEVER see Microsoft following up or answers the poor person replying that non of their solutions worked!! That's like Microsoft is not even there geared to get their software problems fixed.

Ending off...

I've saved a huge long list of problems I experience and I have just mention it to Feedback but they have changed the sapce I can type in order to fully explain the problem to so small I now have to name each entry Part 1 up to Part 6. So, where can I get the serious problems solved?  

Thank you for sharing, it is beyond our power and in such a case the only solution is the Feedback Hub app and also this forum or contacting the support. In general the Windows Engineers will priorities issues and tend to solve them.