I don't want Windows 11!

Copper Contributor

Hi All

I was told that the Windows 11 update was optional, but everything I've experienced recently has been anything but optional. I am constantly interrupted by unexitable windows telling me to either
A.) Update and restart now

B.) Remind me later

C.) Schedule install at a later time

And any time I go to shut down my computer, half of the options are to restart/shut down and update, and it's very easy to accidentally click the wrong one. 

Then TODAY I get another unexitable window telling to "Restart and update NOW" or "Restart and update in 1 hour". No more putting it off apparently! This is ridiculous. I don't want to update to Windows 11. I don't want to have to relearn the Windows layout all over again because of some arbitrary changes. I don't like the way the new Windows 11 looks. I tried playing Warzone and it's extremely laggy now. 

How do I squash this stupid update for good without updating? I can't believe how aggressive and hard Windows is pushing me to switch to this. 

4 Replies

Seems that all you get is "pretty" and some gaming stuff.  No thanks.  Good luck with stopping the update juggernaut.  

@Nighthawk68 

Microsoft doesn't get it. They've convinced themselves that people are actually dumb enough to pay annually for a piece of software they could use for a decade. They make arbitrary and stupid changes without listening to the customers (How'd that Office Ribbon work out for you? How about that start menu removal?) and then they wonder why they're one of the most hated companies in the world.

Read my f*ing lips, Microsoft: I. Do. Not. Want. Windows. Eleven. End statement. This isn't a discussion. It's me telling you what software I will tolerate on MY $1400 laptop.

Stop asking. Stop changing around my shutdown buttons so my choices are "Update and shut down" or "Update and restart." Quit acting like a g*dd*amn con artist trying to slick your way into my life.

If your product wasn't made of suck I'd have upgraded already, but every update I've done going back to Windows XP SP 2 has bricked at least ONE of my computers.

I. Do. Not. Want. Windows. 11.

Keep trying to force it on me and I'll upgrade... To Linux.

@Pissoff 

As lovely as Windows looks I left Windows in 2019 permanently because of these main reasons.

1. Security: With every fresh install of Windows 7/8/10 malware was installed within 1 hour of installation without even accessing it. I just logged in and let it ride. After 3 years of this I gave up Windows all versions. 17 years using Windows just made me more and more angry. Backdoor anger maker...

2. Simplicity: One. day it's this, the next day it's that...

3. Apps: Did they ever function properly or correctly?

4. Back to Security: Too easy to manipulate. That's why Linux will always be better but, Linux is also corruptible.

5. After having Mac for 4 years I'm finally done with Tech. 90% of Humans don't even need it. Life is more pure without any Tech but you won't be taking my word for it will ya. You must be in touch with everyone... Why? In truth there is no answer to that question.