How To Take Screenshot On Windows 10

Copper Contributor

Taking a screenshot on Windows 10 is a very simple process. There are different ways to take screenshots in Windows 10. Here are some of the most common methods:

More Working Method - (external link removed by moderator)

Method 1: Using the Print Screen Key

1. Locate the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard. It is usually abbreviated as "PrtSc" or "PrtScn".

2. Press the "Print Screen" key once to capture the entire screen.

3. If you want to capture a specific window, click on the window to make it active and then press the "Alt" key + "Print Screen" keys.

4. Open any image editor (e.g., Paint, Photoshop) and press "Ctrl" + "V" to paste the captured screenshot.

Method 2: Using the Snipping Tool

1. Type "Snipping Tool" in the search bar located in the bottom left corner of your screen.

2. Click on the "Snipping Tool" app from the search results.

3. Click on "New" and then select the area of the screen you want to capture.

4. Once you have captured the desired area, click on "Save As" to save the screenshot.

Method 3: Using the Windows Key + Print Screen Key

1. Press the Windows key + Print Screen key together.

2. The screen will briefly dim to indicate that the screenshot has been taken.

3. The captured screenshot will be saved in the "Screenshots" folder in your "Pictures" folder.

These are the three most common ways to take screenshots on Windows 10. You can choose the method that works best for you depending on your needs.

8 Replies

I don't need a screenshot of my problem. I have been trying to buy credits to play computer games but the Microsoft form will not give me the option to select my State, which is Victoria. I have reported this problem many times over the past few days but the problem remains.

I hope some of the basic editing features will be added to the default screenshot tool. Most of the time, we need to edit the screenshot before sharing with others.

To capture a screenshot on Windows 10, I simply hold down the Windows key, press Shift, and then click the 'S' key. Afterward, I'm able to select the specific area on the screen that I want to capture. This is always the easiest way for me and then I grab a subway specials today.

@rahulkhorwal I am really inept at computers.I want to take a screenshot but don't have any key on my keyboard which indicates this. Can anyone please help?

@Iceni_777 you could maybe try shift+windows key+S in that respective order. Do not press them at the same time and keep the previous key down when pressing the next one. After that you can select the part of the screen you want to screenshot and then in order to save it you need to click on the notification that will pop up. The notification will open a new tab and then you have to manually save it. I hope this helped!

@perselaff Thank you for your reply.I tried that but I am not sure if I did it right.I am a senior and just learning. Maybe my grandson can show me,.I appreciate your help. though.:)

Snipping tool in search bar.
go to search bar, type "snipping tool". It's going to change your life.