How to Resize an Image without Losing Quality on Windows 11 PC

Copper Contributor

I often need to resize images for various purposes, such as uploading them to websites or sharing them on social media platforms. However, I've noticed that when I resize images using basic image editing software or online tools, the quality often suffers with blurry or pixelated images.

Is there any reliable method or software that can help me resize images without losing quality. I want to maintain the sharpness, clarity, and details of the original image, even after resizing it to a smaller or larger size.

I'm willing to invest in paid software if necessary, as long as it delivers excellent results.

6 Replies

To resize an image without losing quality on a Windows 11 PC, you have several options, including using built-in applications like Paint app.

Right-click the image you want to resize in File Explorer, choose "Open with," and select Paint.

Now, click on the "Resize and skew" icon in the toolbar. You can choose to resize by percentage or specify exact pixel dimensions. Finally, click "File" > "Save as" to save the resized image under a new name or location, preserving the original file.

Resizing an image on a Windows 11 PC can be a straightforward process, especially if you're using the built-in image editing software on Windows 11, like Paint or Microsoft Photos. You can simply select the image, choose the "Resize" option, and adjust the dimensions to your liking.
But If you're not careful, you can accidentally lose data or overwrite the original image file. This is especially true if you're resizing an image in a non-destructive editor, like Paint. Make sure to always save your changes as a new file or copy the original file before making any edits.

I vote for IrfanView. I've used IrfanView for years to resize an images without losing quality, and it's never let me down. The software is incredibly reliable and produces high-quality results every time.
In conclusion, if you're looking for a fast, efficient, and easy-to-use image editing software that can resize images without losing quality, IrfanView is the perfect choice. Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

freetool.png

I've used Paint to resize images for personal projects, and I've been surprised by how well it works. Of course, it's not as powerful as some dedicated image editing software, but it's a great option for quick, simple resizing tasks.
You can try if you want to resiza an image without losing quality on your Windows 11 computer, It won't let you down.

@Ramyavan 

I totally get why you might want to use something like ImageResizer.com. It’s a handy browser-based tool for resizing images without losing quality. But honestly, I’m not a fan of online tools like this. They often come with risks like ads, security issues, and sometimes they just don’t deliver the best quality.

I’ve been there, dealing with annoying pop-ups or worrying about what’s happening with my files. So, I prefer sticking to good old reliable image resizer software that I can install on my computer. It just feels safer and more efficient. If you’re in the same boat and looking for alternatives, check following: 

• GIMP: This is a powerful, free image editor that can easily resize your images. It’s like a free version of Photoshop.
  • Paint.NET: Another solid choice for Windows users. It’s simple, fast, and gets the job done without any fuss.
  • IrfanView: This one is great for quick and easy image resizing on Windows. It’s lightweight and very user-friendly.

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions or need more suggestions, just let me know.

Resizing an image on a Windows 11 PC can have some potential dangers if not done correctly. When you resize an image without losing quality on Windows 11, you're essentially changing the number of pixels it contains. If you don't use a high-quality resizing algorithm, you may lose image quality, resulting in blurry or pixelated images.