Error updating windows 11-HELP

Copper Contributor

I´ve been trying to update my computer to windows 11 and everytime i get errors.

I tried using the updater in settings, and i got error 0x8007001f, i´ve tried everything to fix it, like updating drivers, and i did what every online tutorial online said, and the error maintained.

I decided to try to download the windows 11 installer from microsoft, this time getting error 0xa0000400.

And yes, my computer meets minimum requirements according to microsoft themselves.

what can i do to fix this?

4 Replies

@jmflml 

Hi, have you disconnected the Wi-Fi network after downloading the update?

After that, you can disable the antivirus for the time of installing Windows11

thank you for answering, but unfortunately, I just tried turning wifi off and disabling the antivirus, but i still got the same error as before.

@jmflml

I would use this method: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-11/the-i7-7700k-meet-the-minimun-requierments-to-run-...

NOTE: The free upgrade period ended in December of last year (2021,) so you would have to locate a website / online retailer that sells OEM keys for Windows 11, via Google Shopping or something else (be very careful to avoid scam websites.)

@jmflml 

Please check these steps, I will add that you can perform the upgrade for free if you have Windows10 installed, so you can not trust everyone 

Information.

How to fix 0x8007001f on windows 10? - Microsoft Q&A