Can I install Windows 11 without secure boot and tpm 2.0?

Copper Contributor

I'm facing a challenge with installing Windows 11 on my system, which currently does not support Secure Boot and lacks TPM 2.0. I understand that these features are generally required for the installation of Windows 11, but I've heard that there might be workarounds or alternative methods to install Windows 11 without secure boot and tpm 2.0.

My primary concern is ensuring a stable and functional setup without compromising the overall security and performance of the operating system. I'm seeking advice, tips, or detailed guidance from anyone who has successfully navigated this issue. Any insights into the steps involved, potential risks, or necessary preparations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

3 Replies

@Patryck 

Alright, diving into the Windows 11 installation without Secure Boot and TPM 2.0 can be a bit tricky, but it's doable. You're right that these features are usually required by Windows 11, but there are ways around it. However, a heads-up: bypassing these requirements might affect your system's security and stability, so it's important to weigh the pros and cons.

Here's a rough guide to get you started:

Step1 . Create a Windows 11 Installation Media: First, you need the Windows 11 installation file. You can download it from the official Microsoft website and create a bootable USB drive.

Step 2. Modify the Installation Media: This is where you get around the TPM and Secure Boot requirements. Here I recommend using WinBootMate tool to bypass Winows 11's TPM and Secure boot. There are guides online that can walk you through this process. It involves downloading the file that bypasses the check and replacing the existing one on your USB.

Guide: https://www.syscute.com/install-windows-11-without-tpm-secure-boot.html

winbootmate patch-windows-11-iso (1).png

Step 3. Select Windows 11 ISO file and your USB drive, then select "Bypass Windows 11's Secure Boot, TPM and CPU".  Click "Burn", It will start to create a Windows bootable USB installer.

winbootmate-process-install wim-file.png

Step 4. Install Windows 11: With the modified installation media, you can proceed to install Windows 11 as you normally would. The setup should now skip the TPM and Secure Boot check.

While it is true that Windows 11 generally requires Secure Boot and TPM 2.0, there are potential workarounds to install it on systems that lack these features. However, it's important to note that these methods may come with certain risks and can compromise the overall security and performance of the operating system. Here are some insights and steps involved in this process:

Check BIOS settings: Some PCs allow you to disable Secure Boot within the BIOS settings. Access your system's BIOS and check if the option to disable Secure Boot is available. If it is, disable it.

Enable TPM 2.0: If your system lacks TPM 2.0, check your system's BIOS to see if there is an option to enable it. In some cases, even if the hardware isn't present, enabling it in the BIOS might trick the Windows 11 installer.

Create a modified ISO: There are community-built modified ISOs available that allow you to bypass the Secure Boot and TPM 2.0 requirements during installation. However, exercise caution while using these third-party ISOs as they may not be officially supported or may pose security risks.

Install Windows 11: Use the modified ISO to install Windows 11 on your system. Follow the regular installation process and provide the necessary input when prompted. Make sure you have your Windows 11 product key ready, and complete the installation as you would with a standard ISO.

Post-installation steps: Once Windows 11 is installed, update your system to the latest version and install all available Windows updates. This will help keep your system secure and stable.
You may install Windows 11 on system without TPM 2.0 but your system will be unsupported and not recommended. Steps have been described on the following website:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ways-to-install-windows-11-e0edbbfb-cfc5-4011-868b-2ce77...