AMD Ryzen 5 2500U and Windows 11 compatibility

New Contributor

I read the list of compatible cpu for Windows 11 and I noted that AMD Ryzen 5 2500U is not in the list.

This is a fairly recent CPU as it was released Oct 26th, 2017 and my computer was bought new in April 2019! 

Is there a process currently utilized by Microsoft to receive requests to revise the list as this specific cpu may have missed the compatiblity list for some reason.

I noted that there are many users wanting to upgrade their computer with this specific CPU around the world that are in the same situation and can't upgrade to Windows 11.

Looking forward to a feedback about this one !

7 Replies
Exactly the same issue here, and bought mine at the end of 2019. Really high spec in other respects, for image editing, 32gig ram etc. Not ready to replace it just yet. Works a treat but incredibly disappointed in this.
ik ook heb HP laptop met Ryzen 5 2500u en kan geen windows 11 upgraden is 2 jaar oud erg echt erg.
Same issue here. I have a Ryzen 5 - 2500U and it seems that windows 11 does not support this processor. I hope it's just a miss, since it's not an old processor and I see no reason why Win11 would not be supported by this one.
Microsoft didn't share any update on changing requirements. However, I advise you to file a report using the Feedback Hub app and share your concern.

@Reza_Ameri   Great idea.  Thank you.  Just submitted the report through the feedback hub.  Hope Microsoft will consider adding the cpu to the list.

Welcome, there is no new news about the requirement but you may share your concern using the Feedback Hub app.
hello ( sorry for my english ^^)

i've got a Lenovo 330s-15rr and running actually on W11 ,Ryzen 5 2500 u , 12 Go DDR4 :)
A patch is on AMD url :

https://www.commentcamarche.net/informatique/windows/1701-amd-windows-11-les-correctifs-sont-la/