Windows 10 Time wrong

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm Darwin. I have a serious problem with 3 PCs in Windows 10 pro x64 1909.

My date and time are always wrong. I set the date and time from BIOS and Windows, but it doesn't work.

I change the cr2025 battery.

My three computers do not have internet access.

24 Replies

Hello @CondeDracula

I recommend you to synchronize time with online server, see if that works.

Navigate to Control Panel > Clock, Language and Region > Date and time > Set the time and date > Internet time > Change settings > check Synchronize with an Internet time server and click Update now. 

If issue still persists, check this video fix:

Hope this helps!

*Information on this reply was update to make sure it is valid.

Hi,
so what happens when you manually set the time in Windows? it reverts back?
did you turn on the option in Windows 10 time settings where it automatically chooses time zone and syncs the time?

Hi @Kapil Arya,

I am French and I am located in France (easiest configuration for language, keyboard and regional settings). I am an IT consultant and the time on my computers using Windows 10 Pro 64 bits OS is all the time wrong at the start up of the machine even if I am using the automatic update from internet servers. I tried to set it up manually, but it does'nt work because at the next reboot, the time becomes wrong.

I never experienced such a problem with previous versions of Windows OS.

My problem started with build 1803 and then I decided to reinstall from scratch with the up-to-date build 1909 thinking that maybe the problem could be on my side, but the issue is still there... What can I do to have a correct time on my computers ?

I experienced only this problem with Windows 10 Pro 64 bits because I have installed a dual boot Windows 10 + Ubuntu 18.04 on a spare machine and the time is wrong on Windows, and correct on Ubuntu.

Now after setting up the correct time, the impact is for example on my send emails that have sometimes a time in the future in Thurderbird... Very strange phenomenon...

Please help me because I'm really disappointed and I think more and more to switch on another OS that is more reliable.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Patrick

@Patrick_MARCHAL 

I have the same problem. When my computer not connected to the internet it shows wrong time. I knew although I set my time zone manually, it shows UTC time. So windows 10 does not consider time zone whet it is not connected to the net. I searched on the net and found a solution for it on windows report web site as bellow:

Add RealTimeIsUniversal DWORD in Registry Editor

Once Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following key in the left pane

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ControlTimeZoneInformation

Right-click the empty space and select New > QWORD (64-bit) Value.

Enter RealTimeIsUniversal as the name of the new value and double click it.

Set its Value data to 1 and click OK to save changes.

now reset your computer and set the time again. It works fine after that for me.

ps: I am using dual boot Ubuntu and windows 10.

Hope this helps you.

:)

one small battery in CPU has to change then normal time will show.

@anup_67 The original poster stated that the battery had already been changed.

Thanks, it worked for me!
I am having the same problem after resetting my laptop yesterday. I went to settings by right clicking the time. I even synced the time and now that's grayed out. It's still incorrect by almost 4 hours. The time zone is correct though.. I don't know what else to do. Help!

@Deb-54  SAME! It just started happening in the last week.  I changed the time manually and it is still off by an hour.  this is ridiculous.  

Hi @Carrie69 

As already stated by @nikseresht, if you have a dual boot with Ubuntu, there the time is UTC based, while in Windows is RTC.

You can either change Windows or Linux way to show the time:
https://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2016/05/time-differences-ubuntu-1604-windows-10/ 

Hello @Kapil Arya , that's obviously not a solution since @CondeDracula doesn't have an internet access. Read the post again.

@Patrick_MARCHAL I have the same issue. I have Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and windows 10 dual booted. The time is correct in ubuntu but wrong in windows. Even if I try syncing it in the setting and restarting the windows service, the time again changes in next login.

Hope anyone can help.

Thank you in advance,

Aravind

I recommend you sir, sync your time with online Server
Read the original post again, carefully. You'll see why your suggestion is useless.
yes, thanx for let me know
My clock error is ahead: "A private connection to deals.today.com can't be established because your computer's date and time (Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 11:23:53 AM) are incorrect. NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID"
Why can't I override this interface? My clock is correct. I feel this is a worm to try and get me to buy an updated operating system. System: VISTA WINDOW 7

@anniece 

I am having this exact issue. i have followed ALL  the instructions above and it is NOT working. wtf someone help

@slippyslide I agree with you. Nothing is wrong with my time and date.  I don't need my time on the computer, I can just look at my cable equipment since it is using the same time.  Again I've had my equipment for 15 years and it only started this in 2021. It must be software changes since my operating system no longer gets updates. Anyway I am not giving up.  If I figure out how to disable this feature, I will tell you.

Yes, I actually had the same problem but after doing this the clock was working again! Thanks