Tech Community Live: Microsoft Intune
Oct 01 2024, 07:30 AM - 11:30 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
SOLVED

DOES NOT UPDATE HP CLJ E78523 PRINT QUEUE

Copper Contributor

Good morning
I have installed on a HP LJ MANAGED E78523DN MFP the UP APP that HP has in its workpath.
The configuration of the printer in AZURE occurs correctly, and the installation of the printer on the user's computer as well. There are no configuration or installation errors.
The problem is that it gives error of printing in the queue and does not print (logically).
I have seen that the refresh of the print queue does not do it and the refresh time goes up without any update.
I have a video in which you can see the failure more clearly.
I have escalated the problem to HP and they confirm that their APP works correctly after several tests and review of the internal LOG of the machine.
I leave an image in which you can see the error
Can you give me a clue where I can look, is there any way to see LOGS of the portal, has something similar happened with HP or other manufacturers?
Thank you very much

SolitiumT_0-1720596403513.pngSolitiumT_1-1720596467294.pngSolitiumT_2-1720596547552.png

SolitiumT_3-1720596654825.png

3 Replies
best response confirmed by SolitiumT (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@SolitiumT - a few things:

1. What version of Windows is the user using?
  2. Does the job make it to Universal Print portal? You can see it in Jobs view on the Printer page.
  3. If the job is not reaching the portal, then most likely its failing validation on the Windows device itself. Typically that happens if printer is missing one of the mandatory attributes. To learn more about where its failing, you will have to contact Microsoft Support team (via Get Help on Universal Print portal).

Thanks

Saurabh

@Saurabh_Bansal 

Hello
Thank you very much for your reply Saurabh, the OS is windows 11 and the job is not visible in the portal. I will follow your advice to raise the query to Microsoft Support team (via Get Help on Universal Print portal).
Daniel

@SolitiumT - One more thing. Have you tried to print either of the following:

1. Open OneDrive for Business in browser and try to print a file under My Documents.
  2. Open an Excel file in a browser on the PC and try printing it.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SolitiumT (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@SolitiumT - a few things:

1. What version of Windows is the user using?
  2. Does the job make it to Universal Print portal? You can see it in Jobs view on the Printer page.
  3. If the job is not reaching the portal, then most likely its failing validation on the Windows device itself. Typically that happens if printer is missing one of the mandatory attributes. To learn more about where its failing, you will have to contact Microsoft Support team (via Get Help on Universal Print portal).

Thanks

Saurabh

View solution in original post