Simple way to create a Virtual Bot

Brass Contributor

I'm currently using some Power Automate flows that produce adaptive cards using key phrases but I don't want to have the message to come back saying my name via Power Automate.

Jake_Hembree_0-1649938706437.png

So rather than using the Flow bot option, is there a simple way to use Power Virtual Agents?

Jake_Hembree_1-1649938739221.png

My assumption is that if I want to have it say a specific name with a specific profile image, I would have to build an App in Teams. Just to develop a bot and then use that bot after I've published it. Making an app seems really convoluted just so I can have a bot identity. 

Any thoughts? If I have to make a bot, is there a way that doesn't involve an outside third-party app or creating an app at all? When I went down that route it seemed too complicated for my skill set. 

3 Replies

Could you please refer below doc for creating power virtual agent bot.
Quickstart: Create and deploy a bot in Microsoft Teams - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

@Jake_Hembree - Could you please confirm if the above suggestion helped you in any way or are you still looking for any help?
@Jake_Hembree - If your issue has resolved with above suggestion, could you please accept the answer for more visibility?