SOLVED

Missing MST Dev Tools

Copper Contributor

Hey all,

Our team is currently building an application in MST and have been using the built in dev tools accessed via the developer preview option. In the past few months, people have been permanently losing access to the developer preview option which has impacted development. It simply does not appear in the menu anymore. We have tried to relogin, restart, and even reinstall MST to no avail. Does anyone know why this might be happening or know of a way to get this option back?

MST version: 1.5.00.31156

Last updated: 11/15/22

Chip: Apple M1 Pro

7 Replies
We had faced the same issue previously for few days and the dev preview option started showing up again.
We will check with the engineering team and update you. Could you please let us know if you started seeing this issue after a Teams app version update? Also please confirm if others are also facing the same issue?

@Meghana-MSFT I don't believe the client was updated (at least manually) prior to the problem. And yes, I can confirm that others on my team are facing the same problem.

Thank you for confirming. We have shared this issue with engineering team. We will get back to you with an update.
best response confirmed by JamesHw (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@JamesHw - 

Can you please confirm if follow office preview is enabled or not in admin portal? Can you please try flipping it to just "Enabled" and restart the client (this might take a few minutes for the new policy to be downloaded). 

MeghanaMSFT_3-1671794952721.png

@JamesHw - Did you get a chance to check the above suggestion?

Hey Meghana, I believe this has solved the issue for us. Can confirm that the option is visible and working! Thank you.

@JamesHw - Glad your issue is resolved. Can you please share your valuable feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JamesHw (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@JamesHw - 

Can you please confirm if follow office preview is enabled or not in admin portal? Can you please try flipping it to just "Enabled" and restart the client (this might take a few minutes for the new policy to be downloaded). 

MeghanaMSFT_3-1671794952721.png

View solution in original post