How do I create an app in MS Teams to launch MS Edge browser?

Copper Contributor

I'm new to this so I'm learning as I go. One question comes to mind is, how do I create an app in MS Teams to launch MS Edge browser in a separate Window outside of MS Teams? I have not been able to find any samples anywhere - maybe I have been looking at the wrong places.

10 Replies
@se7enom - We are looking into this I will get back to you soon.
Thank you. I will be waiting for your guidance and suggestion.

@se7enom - Please have a look at this doc- Run apps in a web browser - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs
Let us know if you have any query.

Thanks,

Sayali
---------------------------------------------------------------------
If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate.

@se7enom - Could you please confirm if your issue has resolved or still looking for any help?
@se7enom - Could you please confirm if your issue has resolved with above suggestion or still looking for any help?
No, the documentation you sent is not what I am looking for. I don't want to "Run an app in a web browser." I want to create an app in MS Teams to launch/open MS Edge browser.

se7enom - You need to embed your web page in Teams application Tab to see the changes.
You can directly open the page in browser but few Teams related functionality will not work in browser because those functionality/functions will be available only in Teams Context.

Thanks,
Chetan Sharma
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate.

I have tried that already and I didn't like the fact that I lose those functionalities especially the Go Back and Go Forward function. I need those.

Is there not a way to create an app for this? Need an app that I can click on the INTRANET website and it will launch the INTRANET website with the default browser outside of MS Teams.

@se7enomYou can create a Adaptive Card using bot with a button having action as "Action.OpenUrl" which opens a provided link in web browser.  

So in your case, you can provide your INTRANET website link as OpenUrl on button and once you click on that button, it will open the page in an external web browser or showing within an embedded web browser.
Ref Doc-  https://adaptivecards.io/explorer/Action.OpenUrl.html

@se7enom - Could you please confirm if your issue has resolved with above suggestion or still looking for any help?