View files with File Explorer in Edge - error with PowerShell and ViewInFileExplorerEnabled

Iron Contributor

I am trying to follow the documentation on SharePoint View in Microsoft Edge in SharePoint Online:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/SharePoint/sharepoint-view-in-edge

I am on PowerShell SharePoint Online version

spo-version.png

I run as admin and log on and then try to run ViewInFileExplorerEnabled and get an error:

A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'ViewInFileExplorerEnabled'.

This is what I run as local admin on Windows 10 system in PowerShell SPO 

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Connect-SPOService -Url https://tenantname-admin.sharepoint.com
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Set-SPOTenant -ViewInFileExplorerEnabled $True
Set-SPOTenant : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'ViewInFileExplorerEnabled'.
At line:1 char:15
+ Set-SPOTenant -ViewInFileExplorerEnabled $True
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (:) [Set-SPOTenant], ParameterBindingException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NamedParameterNotFound,Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.PowerShell.SetTenant

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Set-SPOTenant -UsePersistentCookiesForExplorerView $true
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

I don't know how to get the command to work for view in file explorer

Set-SPOTenant -ViewInFileExplorerEnabled $True

Thank you.

Matt

4 Replies
Hello

Be sure to have only one version of the SharePoint module

Get-Module -ListAvailable Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.PowerShell

In my case it says it is still an experimental feature:

"Set-SPOTenant : The requested operation is part of an experimental feature that is not supported in the current environment."

Hello @Andres Gorzelany as below, there is NO true or false.  2021-10-05_10-59-54.png

In the graphic above, you'll note that no where is there any experiment, does that mean that it is not available in my tenant?  The area when I searched for the viewinfileexplorer it says "nothing" no false or true.

Connect-SPOService https://tenantnamehere-admin.sharepoint.com
Set-SPOTenant -ViewInFileExplorerEnabled:$true

[Right HERE SHOULD be False or True]

>- Administrator SharePoint Online Management Shell
Set-SPOTenant -ViewInFileExplorerEnabled $true
+ Categorylnfo : InvalidArgument: (:) [Set-SPOTenant], ParameterBindingException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorld : NamedParameterNotFound,Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.PowerShell.SetTenant
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Set-SPOTenant -ViewInFileExplorerEnabled
Set-SPOTenant : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'ViewInFileExplorerEnabled'. At line:l char:15
+ Set-SPOTenant -ViewInFileExplorerEnabled
+ Categorylnfo : InvalidArgument: (:) [Set-SPOTenant], ParameterBindingException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorld : NamedParameterNotFound,Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.PowerShell.SetTenant
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-SPOTenant |select viewfileexplorerenabled
viewfileexplorerenabled

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Set-SPOTenant -ViewInFileExplorerEnabled $false_
Set-SPOTenant : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'ViewInFileExplorerEnabled’. At line:l char:15
+ Set-SPOTenant -ViewInFileExplorerEnabled $false
rj rj rj rj rj i\j rsj r*j r/rj r/1\/ in/ in/ i\i i\i n m n n n r/n n n n
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>
□ X

I did use your command to check for SPO PS, is this showing I have two or another one?  I can uninstall one?  In Apps in Win10 it only shows ONE software, as my original post has a screenshot of it.  Again, I can remove it or delete one if there is a conflict.

2021-10-05_11-03-49.png

@Matthew Carter I noticed you have a typo in the property you are querying, it is missing the "in" word:

AndresGorzelany_0-1633456189200.png

Yes, uninstall the oldest one, you can use 

Uninstall-Module [name_of_module] -RequiredVersion [version_to_uninstall]

and check if it was uninstalled before trying again.

Thank you for catching that. I did try it again and still a "blank" value. I am wondering if it is NOT in my tenant yet as we are on the regular release, so I wonder if the placeholder is there yet not the information, or PowerShell knows it, yet SharePoint Online (my tenant) does not.