SOLVED

User management

Copper Contributor

Hi, I'm using a modern SharePoint site created from Microsoft teams, so i think its classed as a teams site instead of a communication site. By default, i have 3 user groups configured. Visitors, members and owners.

I would like all visitors to be able to create new records in lists and modify their content. How would i set this up as visitors on have read access? do i just change visitors access to edit per list?

Stuart_Jolley_1-1594320759618.png

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Stuart_Jolley (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Stuart_Jolley 

By default a Teams connected SharePoint site does not have any users added to the Visitor group.  All that the visitors group means is - if you want users to read and not edit the site add them into the visitors.

In this case you mention that you want the users to edit and add new records to the list. By default any member or owner in the Microsoft Team will have access to do this as they will be in the Members or Owners SharePoint Group. 

Andy Hodges | ThinkShare | www.thinkshare.uk

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Stuart_Jolley (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Stuart_Jolley 

By default a Teams connected SharePoint site does not have any users added to the Visitor group.  All that the visitors group means is - if you want users to read and not edit the site add them into the visitors.

In this case you mention that you want the users to edit and add new records to the list. By default any member or owner in the Microsoft Team will have access to do this as they will be in the Members or Owners SharePoint Group. 

Andy Hodges | ThinkShare | www.thinkshare.uk

View solution in original post