SOLVED

Term Store Management Tool Access issue

Brass Contributor

I am a SharePoint Online Administrator and I try to add the new term set using Term Store management tool in our Sharepoint site. But I don't have rights to add the New Term Set, New Group anything.

What are the rights I need to create a new group and where we can provide the rights?

5 Replies

@Jeyganeshyou have to add your account to the "Term Store Administrators" group first

tsa.png

@Paul Pascha 

That Field is missing in my account. how can we add this?

@Jeyganesh, you need to access Term Store Manager via SharePoint Admin Center. If you have SharePoint Administrator role assigned, you can add yourself as Term Store Administrator.

best response confirmed by Jeyganesh (Brass Contributor)
Solution

You mentioned you are a "SharePoint Online Administrator", do you at least have the "SharePoint Administrator" role (defined at the Office 365 level) assigned? You need this role to be able to grant yourself the Term Store Administrator permissions. Otherwise, you should ask someone with this role to grant your account the Term Store Administrator permission. You also need to access the Term Store Administration from within the SharePoint Admin Center instead of from within your site collection

Thanks got it
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jeyganesh (Brass Contributor)
Solution

You mentioned you are a "SharePoint Online Administrator", do you at least have the "SharePoint Administrator" role (defined at the Office 365 level) assigned? You need this role to be able to grant yourself the Term Store Administrator permissions. Otherwise, you should ask someone with this role to grant your account the Term Store Administrator permission. You also need to access the Term Store Administration from within the SharePoint Admin Center instead of from within your site collection

View solution in original post