SPO Hub site navigation only loads after refresh

Deleted
Not applicable

My organization has a number of hub sites, all with similar global navigation set up. When navigating to a hub site, sometimes the link bar and theme do not populate and require a refresh. Using Chrome developer tools, I see a response with 409 code. The request URL shows: https://[organization].sharepoint.com/sites/[hub site]/_api/web/HubSiteData

I also see the following error: {"error":{"code":"-2130246326, Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException","message":{"lang":"en-US","value":"Save Conflict\n\nYour changes conflict with those made concurrently by another user. If you want your changes to be applied, click Back in your Web browser, refresh the page, and resubmit your changes."}}}

Any help with this would be much appreciated

3 Replies
Your best bet here would be submit a ticket to Microsoft and get a bug report going since that's what it appears to be. Going to assume you guys don't have any custom SPFX extensions on these pages running?

Thanks Chris. I submitted a ticket - we'll see where that goes.

In the meantime, what I've done as a workaround is to link directly to the homepage of each site instead of just linking to the root of the site and letting homepage settings do their thing. This has helped, but it obviously means I'll have to manually update the navigation anytime we set a new homepage - not ideal.

Hi,

we have the same problem with the hub sites. We also have to refresh the sub site, otherwise, we've got a blank site.

Are there any helpful answers to this problem?

Thanks for any help,

Christine