SOLVED

SP Online: Using Boolean in IF Statements

Copper Contributor

Good day. I'm having an issue with getting a boolean statement working in an IF statement.

Platform: SharePoint Online (Office 365 Business Premium)

List: Modern List

Issue:

I have a list that contains several Yes/No columns (defined as Y/N). Other columns have numbers and are defined as Number. I would like a new calculated column to show me the number from one column if Yes and the amount from a different column if No.

Eventually, I would like to make several tests, ie. If column 5 is Yes AND column 6 is No THEN use column 2 amount... But let's try to walk before we can run :)

Here is the formula that refuses to work (syntax error) :

=IF(ReportVF=TRUE, Previsionnel,0)

ReportVF is Yes/No Column

Previsionnel is a Number Column

I've tried with and without [] around column names. I've tried 1 instead of TRUE. I've tried "True". I've tried ; instead of , separators ... Nothing works :crying_face:

Any help would be most welcome. It should be simple, but apparently it's not with SharePoint.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by mcowen (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@mcowen I doubt this will be possible with a default SharePoint form and calculated columns but will be do-able with a customised form with Power Apps. So that's where you should should concentrate your attention.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Hi @RobElliott,

Thanks for your reply. Now I know where to concentrate and not waste time. Simple calculations work fine, just this IF problem didn't :(.

Ultimately the data will end up in PowerBI, so I guess I'll use DAX to achieve something similar.

:folded_hands:

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by mcowen (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@mcowen I doubt this will be possible with a default SharePoint form and calculated columns but will be do-able with a customised form with Power Apps. So that's where you should should concentrate your attention.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

View solution in original post