SOLVED

SP List Export Results

Iron Contributor

I have a SP online list with thousands of records, sometimes I need to search for specific items. 

How can export only these items to Excel?

e.g. If I search the list and I am presented with 10 records, how can I export only these 10 items.

Hopefully I don't need to create a view every time for something so basic.

2 Replies
Hi one way would be to use a view to show the items you want you can then export a view.
best response confirmed by jonboylib (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@jonboylib Unfortunately, SharePoint default search results page in list does not have option to export the search results to excel file: 

ganeshsanap_0-1665498132400.png

So, you have to apply the filters on list view and export it OR you may need to develop a custom solution using SPFx.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by jonboylib (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@jonboylib Unfortunately, SharePoint default search results page in list does not have option to export the search results to excel file: 

ganeshsanap_0-1665498132400.png

So, you have to apply the filters on list view and export it OR you may need to develop a custom solution using SPFx.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post