SOLVED

SharePoint online Workflow Triggers few hours late after creation of an item and updating an item.

Copper Contributor

Hello All,

I am getting issue from last 2 days on SharePoint designer workflow 2013, Problem is that I wrote a list workflow on "item created & item updated", previously it was working fine no issue on that but from last 2 days it takes time to trigger (at least 1 hour late ) without any error after item create on list or update on list.

Previously I thought that is my workflow problem, so to understand actual problem I create new list and write simple workflow on "item create" and in workflow do only message log nothing else but it face same problem with workflow trigger after 55 min. late. and I also created only one instance of workflow.

After Searching I get For Some "Resource Quota" all these thing but in my case "Resource Quota" is fine and no issue for that. Follow attached Storage Snap

please help me out

Thank in advance

satyam

8 Replies
best response confirmed by Satyam Gupta (Copper Contributor)
Solution

how many workflows are running at a time? what s the worflow actually doing?

currently at the most 3-4 running at the time. 

And in workflows : It is using rest api to fetch list item and then updating the list item of the other list based on some condition, after doing this it either creates entry into seperate list or update the existing entry. 

thanks

Also, i have tried by writing a simple one line sharepoint designer 2013 workflow on another list. In that workflow i am just doing log. But it is also taking the same amount of time for triggering(20-30 mins).

Open a support ticket so Microsoft can have a close look at the Windows Azure Workflow linked to your SPO tenant...it seems something is wrong on the server side.

Not sure if it is related -- but there is a service degredation going on in SharePoint Online right now that is wreaking havok on all of our workflows.  Some not starting at all, some starting and getting hung up in random places...this is gonna be fun to clean up...

Please check SP77334 - SharePoint Features - Service degradation, Service degradation - Sep 14, 2016 2:54 PM - This is likely the issue as Brent mentioned.

It was, for all intents and purposes for us it looks like things have cleared up.  it looks like most of the workflows completed themselves successfully, the workflows just froze up at random points, sometimes taking hours to complete simple stuff.  But everything seems to be better now.

Hi All,

Issue is resolved now.Microsoft Support reported that there was a issue from the services side. They have resolved it.

Discription of Issue :- This issue was posted to the Service Health Dashboard (SHD) as incident SP77334 starting at Monday, September 12, 2016 12:56:00 PM. The user experience of this incident is: Users may be unable to execute SharePoint 2013 workflows. Additionally, users may be unable to view SharePoint 2010 workflows. Tenant administrators can view current information and updates on SHD at the link here.

Thank you all for Support.

Thanks,

Satyam

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Satyam Gupta (Copper Contributor)
Solution

how many workflows are running at a time? what s the worflow actually doing?

View solution in original post