SharePoint list filtering. Error: Invalid statement, ResultCode: 1

Copper Contributor

Hello,

When trying to set the filter on the user field, I see the error message "Invalid statement, ResultCode: 1" and can't see the result while I can get the result with other fields.

For other lists, I can set filter on the user field then I'm not sure if this issue is caused by the user field filtering.

Is there anybody who knows how to fix this issue? This is not the temporary one.

yoshimi_2-1698632409375.png

Best

2 Replies
Also getting this and would love an answer.

@yoshimi 
I have seen issues when trying to filter or 'group by' a person field if the person field is set to "Allow multiple selections"
Unless you absolutely need multiple people selection, I'd recommend setting this to "No"

LSmith_0-1713913579422.png

If this is already set to "No" I'd recommend exporting your data to Excel to see if you can find any bad values anywhere in the column.

The most common cause of this error message for us has been when lists have "Offline Client Availability" set to "Yes" - but this usually presents as Intermittent issues with the list, which I know is not your case.
But, as long as no one using this list needs to be able to access the list offline, I personally recommend changing "Offline Client Availability" to "No" to avoid headaches with local caching
This setting is in List settings > Advanced settings 
scroll down to "Offline Client Availability" and set it to "No"

LSmith_0-1713913838904.png

Don't forget to click OK at the bottom of the page to save the changes.