SharePoint List Columns. Limit Multiple choice of one column based on another column.

Copper Contributor

I have 2 lists in SharePoint.  List 1 is a Client Contact List.  List 2 is an Account Managers task list.  Each time an account manager has a client interaction they are to record it on the Account Managers task list.  There is a column for Client and also a column for Client Point of Contact.  Client Point of Contact is a look-up multiple choice column from the Client contact list.  I would like to limit the multiple-choice based on the client chosen.  For Example:

If Client ABC is chosen and Client Contact List has 5 contacts for Client ABC then those should be the only choices available. Similar to what happens in Excel.  if I have a column and I filter one to a specific value the other column will only return that match for those values.

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere else, I have spent a lot of time searching for an answer with no luck. 

1 Reply

@Laura Cheeping I have figured out that i can do this with cascading dropdown lookup through the Powerapps.  However I am having trouble actually creating the formula's in PowerApp and then making it actually work on the list. I will continue to try and if i come up with a resolution will post.