SOLVED

SharePoint Header Site remove

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I want to remove the header in SharePoint site, does it possible?

LidorD_2-1670423680891.png

4 Replies

Hello @LidorD 

with OOTB you can only use this layouts, but you can't remove the site header:

DavidMehr_0-1670857883411.png

Best, Dave

best response confirmed by LidorD (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@LidorD You cannot remove SharePoint site header completely, but you can hide it by following below steps:

1. Click on settings (gear icon) > Change the look > Navigation > turn OFF site navigation visibility > Save
  2. Click on settings (gear icon) > Change the look > Header > Set Layout to "Minimal" > turn OFF site title visibility > Upload white transparent image as site logo and site thumbnail > Save

This will hide the site header. However, small/minimal white horizontal section at the top will be there which cannot be hidden using SharePoint out of the box options.

Related read:

1. New Navigation features for SharePoint team sites 
  2. New Site Header Options in SharePoint Online 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

thank you I did with transparent image and that's great!
Hi, all. Is there a way to do this in SharePoint 2019, on-premise version? Thanks!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by LidorD (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@LidorD You cannot remove SharePoint site header completely, but you can hide it by following below steps:

1. Click on settings (gear icon) > Change the look > Navigation > turn OFF site navigation visibility > Save
  2. Click on settings (gear icon) > Change the look > Header > Set Layout to "Minimal" > turn OFF site title visibility > Upload white transparent image as site logo and site thumbnail > Save

This will hide the site header. However, small/minimal white horizontal section at the top will be there which cannot be hidden using SharePoint out of the box options.

Related read:

1. New Navigation features for SharePoint team sites 
  2. New Site Header Options in SharePoint Online 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post