Sharepoint - customize form with JSON - Can a calculated field value be included in the header?

Copper Contributor

I am trying to customize a Sharepoint list form using JSON.

The list has a calculated field named 'RequestID'. This field is on the form, but hidden using conditional formatting.

I am using the JSON provided by microsoft for alterations to form header.  The only change I have made is 

"txtContent": "='Application Change Request Form - ' + [$RequestID]"

This is not providing the proper header.  It is only showing the initial words, the value in the field [$RequestID] does not appear.  What mistake have I made in my coding?

Tammy 

1 Reply

@tj7933 Unfortunately, this is not possible yet using JSON formatting in SharePoint. This is a known issue with SharePoint JSON formatting.

You can find detailed information related to this at: How to get value of Calculated field in Header using JSON? 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs