Saving PPT to JPEG in SharePoint

Brass Contributor

Hi everyone,

Done some research but I cannot find anything to resolve the issue.

When opening a Powerpoint in Sharepoint and then click on the PowerPoint "Open in Desktop app" I then want to save the Powerpoint as a JPEG but every time I try this I just get the error message "An Error occurred while PowerPoint was saving the file."

The workaround for me is to download the PowerPoint to my desktop and then save as a JEPG then upload it back to sharePoint but this can get annoying over time!

Any help will be appreciated?

Thanks

Richard

2 Replies

@richard1991 

If this operations works on the desktop, than maybe use the OneDrive Sync agent with your SharePoint library?  You could still make the changes on the desktop and then have them synced up to SharePoint.

This link would get you started if you were interested - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/let-users-use-new-onedrive-sync-client

Onto the specific reason as to why a PowerPoint deck isn't saving as a JPG, I've not experienced this issue before.

Hi @Steven Andrews 

Thanks for your response.

I should of mentioned, I have sharePoint and OneDrive synced on my file explorer and when opening documents from there and then saving back to the same location in SharePoint file explorer I get the same message. I actually have to move the PPT to my desktop away from the cloud to save as JPEG.

Its very strange!

Thanks

Richard