RSS feed from Sharepoint to Teams

Copper Contributor

I try to use RSS feed url from a Sharepoint site in RSS connector/app in Teams, but get the following message: this is not a valid rss feed. feed url works in browser and outlook. It seems to be an issue that the url is not in xml.
Do anyone have a solution?

9 Replies

@Ellwesta Can you tell us the steps you are following to get the RSS feed URL from a SharePoint site?

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

@Ellwesta Refer below threads and see if it helps:

1. RSS Feed URLs from Microsoft does not work with Teams Channel RSS Reader 
  2. SharePoint Online RSS web part & SharePoint List RSS url 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

I go to the sites "change current view" and copy rss from there

@Ellwesta Can you add a screenshot if possible?

I am unable to "change current view" option on SharePoint site. Are you trying it from site home page or site page or any other pages?

Try SiteAssets/sitePages :)
I tried the links you posted, none of those are solutions :\

@Ellwesta oh ok, you are trying to add list/library RSS to your Microsoft teams. I don't think this list RSS will work in Microsoft Teams RSS.

If you are trying to add it as a tab in Microsoft teams channel, use website option instead of RSS like: 

ganeshsanap_0-1682418869327.pngI just tried this and it worked for me.

@ganeshsanap Thank you, but we want it to appear as notification, like this:

Ellwesta_0-1682422197159.png

Is there any way to convert the rss url to xml/valid url?
This is like the feed url I got from Sharepoint: https://domain.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/listfeed.aspx?List=<id>&View=<id>

@Ellwesta Not sure if there is any native way supported by Microsoft to convert any URL to valid RSS feed. 

You may find some third party tools for this on internet, but those also might not work due to SharePoint authentication & permissions limitation.