Restricting Column Edit Access on SharePoint Lists

Copper Contributor

Dear Community, 

i am leading a project that collects users requests from PowerApps form and saved them on SP list, then another team changes status of that request and some following actions are taken etc. what i discovered right now is that team should not have possibility to change values submitted by requestor ( audit purposes) and should only change status field. i know it's not possible to have different level permission to columns in SP. what do you recommend right now? i am seriously worried as i've a lot of time on that form. 

1 Reply

@MartaTracik As you already know, you cannot set column level permissions in SharePoint.

What you can do is show/hide OR disable fields on list forms based on current user.

Check below threads to get started with:

1. PowerApps - Hide a Button if current user = created by 
  2. Show/Hide Button based on Current User Matching person Type-Column in a Gallery 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs