Refresh Excel Chart Sharepoint Page

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have a sharepoint list that stores the tasks of my team. Now I want to create a burndown chart for this list and embed it on a sharepoint page. The chart webpart does only provide circular and bar chart. So I decided to create a excel sheet with a data connection to the sharepoint list. 

In this excel sheet I can create a burndown chart. Now I want to put the chart into a sharepoint page. But I am not able to refresh the data. There comes an error "error by refresh the external data".

Is there any solution for this problem? Maybe I can refresh the data by starting a flow every 3 hours or something else?

2 Replies

Hi @chhe5,

I'm afraid refreshing SharePoint data connection is not possible with Flow. 

SharePoint PnP community have published an Modern Charts example.

https://github.com/pnp/sp-dev-fx-webparts/tree/master/samples/react-modern-charts 

Is there anything useful for you?

I can also help trying this out, if you could just provide some example data.

Hi @Matti Paukkonen 

My company looks away from the installation of community webparts. Unfortunately.

But when I run the excel sheet local on a network drive there is no problem to refresh the data from the sharepoint list. 

If I upload it to a document library to place the chart by the "document viewer" webpart the refreshing of the data is broken.