News Webpart: Show All drops current translation-language filter

Copper Contributor

News Webpart shows content corresponding to the translation-language in the webpart but loses this filtering when I click "View all".

So I have a Site Collection that is created in German and I enabled 2 additional translation languages: French and Italian (yes, I am based in Switzerland). When I create content (pages promoted as News) and translate it and then create a sort of portal page (again in 3 languages) where I roll up the content using the News webpart then it works out of the box correctly: On the German page it rolls up German content, on the French page french content and so on. However, when I click "View all", this support for multilingual content stops and I see content in all 3 languages - the filtering simply does not work anymore. 

Question: Is this a bug (I believe it is) or am I missing an essential part of the puzzle?

6 Replies

@Marco van Wieren Is this happening for only one SharePoint site or all sites?

Can you try same scenario for other SharePoint site in same tenant?

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

I believe the problem is not with the News WebPart, but with the page that shows all the news that it' not taken into account this multilanguage scenario. To me this is a bug in SPO

@Juan Carlos González Martín @Marco van Wieren 

This is working fine for SharePoint site in our tenant. We have some new pages in English language and few are in German language.

When I am logged in with English language and go to See all (All news) page, it only shows me the news pages in English language. It does not show any news pages in German language.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap Just to be sure: Does it also work the other way around: You only see German pages and when you click "See all" you still see only German pages? And - just to be sure - are those German pages "new" enough to appear at all?

@ganeshsanap I just created a new page with another news webpart and with the same result. At first sight, it seems to work OK when I visit the DE page (this is the "default" language). The webpart rolls up German news and when I click "View all" it takes me to an overview where I only find DE news. But when I visit the FR page with the webpart I first see only FR news (which is great). When I click "View all", I get the same news that I get when I clicked "View all" from the German page. I literally don't see FR news anymore, even not when I scroll to the last news in the list.

And to make things a little more crazy, the following. From the FR page, I removed the webpart (that was placed there initially by SharePoint that created the copy for translation) and re-added it and then, for a short moment, it seemed to work. I clicked "View all" and I got all FR results. However, this joy was short lived, because I now all I get are again just German results. So, for me there are just too many parameters that apparently don't work well together.