New vs. Classic Search Results Inconsistent

Iron Contributor

I'm doing a test in SharePoint Online to see how search effective the search engine is and I've come across a problem or two. 

I created a new team site with on Picture Library called Stock Photos. I ammended the Picture Library to have three additional fields: Source (linked to specific open keyword term set), Requires Attribution and Keywords (linked to specific open keyword term set). 

The desired result was that we could upload any stock photos we purchase or download free, upload it into this Picture Library and tag it. It would then be available for any one to search provided they have access to the Site/Picture Library. 

Two problems I discovered: 

1. As I added pictures to the library they didn't show up in the site's search 

2. From the main SharePoint dashboard search I search for the same keywords but the image I'm testing doesn't show up. However, when I click "Go to classic results page" it does show in that view. 

What's gone wrong? 

Some additional notes: 

• Some pictures are showing up in the results. I searched by one of the values for Source e.g. 'Pixabay' and only two of the four images that have 'Pixabay' as the source show up. 
  • The same two images show up in results when I search for a particular keyword from the Keywords column, but the rest don't. But, the keyword I'm searching for is present in the Picture Library Description column. 
    • I tested another search based on the previous result using words from the Description column of other images that aren't showing up in results and it doesn't work. 
4 Replies

Hi,

did you search them immidiatly? or did you wait for at least 24 hours before searching? 

Just to be sure Search can take up to 24 hours before results display

Yeah I made sure of that. Two of the images that aren't showing have been in the system for 4 days. I just tested it again and it's still not showing up.

You could try to take the SharePoint Client browser from Bram de Jager and check if crawl is enabled on the list when you open the list in the tool to be sure.

Seems that download has a Trojan virus attached to it. Unfortunate because it looks useful.