Modern Page: News Web Part; I cannot filter on Yes/No Column

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have added a Yes/No column on the Site Pages Library but under Filter, I cannot selected it in the list of Pages Property in the News Web Part.

Is it normal?

Regards,

Christophe

10 Replies

@Christophe Raucq 

Hi, I am not fully understanding what you mean here.  Please can you provide more information / description and perhaps some screenshots?

@PeterRising 

Hi Peter,

In my Page, I have added the Column Archive: Yes/No

Archive Column.PNG

In the News Web Part, I cannot select the Archive property

NewsWebPartFilter.PNG

Best regards,

Christophe

@Christophe Raucq 

Sorry, are you talking about adding a column to a site page like this please?

Screenshot 2020-06-08 at 13.07.53.png

If so, what type of column did you choose?  Sorry if I'm missing something.  I just can't seem to get to where you are. :lol:

@PeterRising 

Hi Peter,

You are on the right spot. Like I said: the Yes/No column type

Regards,

Christophe

@Christophe Raucq 

OK, I am with you.  And how in the News Web part are you getting to the filtering options please? Are you clicking to edit your home page and then editing the News web part, or are you clicking on see all on the News Web Part and then Manage Posts?  Apologies again, I'n just struggling to get to some of the places you are getting to.

@PeterRising 

In the Home page, you edit the News Web Part

You scroll in the right pane until Filter

Under Filter, you select Page Properties

Under Property Name, in the combobox, you do NOT see the column Archive.

Regards,

Christophe

@Christophe Raucq 

Oh yes I see what you are getting at.  Interestingly, when I look at my News Web part, I don't see half the options that you get for filtering/

Screenshot 2020-06-09 at 09.10.40.png

Sorry I've been no help to you at all and have in fact only asked you questions.  I will play around with this some more though and let you know if I find anything.

@PeterRising 

Thanks

As you are checking the possibilities, you can see that if you are adding a date field for filtering, can you tell me which date format you need in the filter to display only the news for this specific date.

I have tried different formats but nothing works.

Date.PNG

Regards

@Christophe Raucq - I had exactly the same in two different tenants - I ended up here looking for a solution - in the end it was quicker for me just to replace with a Choice field and yes & no choices

With your filter question about:

"News Date"

equals

05/20/2020 

apart from needing the date in US format despite using dd/mm/yyyy format, I got this working using:

"News Date"

between

05/20/2020 0:00

05/20/2020 23:59