SOLVED

Migration Manager API?

Brass Contributor

We would like to automate a larger file share migration for our client (> 100 TB). The migration should be mainly user driven and scheduled automatically by a tool that we will build.

Does the Migration Manger provide an API to automate a migration?

We are already aware of the file based bulk upload possibilities. Any chance we can automate these?

Can the API /_api/MigrationCenterServices/ be used? Any documentation available?

Thank you for your support.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Beat Grüring (Brass Contributor)
Solution
There is not a Migration Manager API to my knowledge. Your only chance to use Microsoft 365 migration APIs

@Juan Carlos González Martín That's a pity because the API is actually there. If have made some further analysis. Microsoft uses _api/MigrationCenterServices/Tasks/BatchCreate to create tasks in the Administration Center.

Unfortunately, it seems that this API is not documented. I have made a request on User Voice:

https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/282887-sharepoint-hybrid-and-migration/suggestions/41970835-...?

@Beat Grüring 

Did you ever find a solution to this?  Also, what is the full path for the _api/MigrationCenterServices/Tasks/BatchCreate API?

Thanks,

-Chris

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Beat Grüring (Brass Contributor)
Solution
There is not a Migration Manager API to my knowledge. Your only chance to use Microsoft 365 migration APIs

View solution in original post