Make a different page in SharePoint the homepage.

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am working on cleaning up our SharePoint page and one of the tasks is to make our News page the default page for our SharePoint. I have went through some of the ways I have found online to accomplish this tasks and they are not working. It seems the current default page is an older page and the preferred page is a new one. 

Any help would be accepted and I am willing to retry past steps and respond with feedback.

Thank you

5 Replies

Hello @ksclifton 

you want to change your homepage on a SharePoint site, right?

You can change your homepage in the site pages library. In this link you can find more information:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-a-different-page-for-your-sharepoint-site-home-page-3....

Regards, Dave

I went to the site that I wanted to make the main SharePoint page to be. When I clicked to make it the homepage it didn't work. I believe that it only would have only altered the site that it is on, and not the main page. The page I wanted to make the homepage, is on the left in section above edit, but doesn't show up in the Site Contents.

Hello @ksclifton 

it‘s not really clear for me, on which level you want to make a new homepage…on a site or as your „root“? Can you explain with printscreens or URLs ?

Regards, Dave

@David Mehr 

I am wanting the News site to be the homepage.

Hello @ksclifton 

not clear with this info, i don‘t know on which level you want to do it…

Is the news site a site or a page?

Which url have the current  homepage?

Which url have the news site?

And i see you use classic, when it‘s possible, switch to modern.

Regards, Dave